Saturday, December 29, 2012

An Unspendable Note

While back in Germany this week.....I came around to some bill-paying episodes, and collected up some notes to pay my debts.  In the course of things....I wanted to have roughly 500 Euro left for pocket money at the end.  Well.....what was left was one 500-Euro note.

What I've come to realize....is that you just can't dispose of such a note in any easy fashion.  Gas stations don't desire to mess with it, and the only place that might touch is a store where I'm buying most of the 500 Euro in purchases.  A note worth almost $625, and I just can't get rid of it.  You can't walk into McDonalds or Burger King with a note like this.....or even buy a cup of coffee.

So some simple advice.....stick with mostly 10, 20, and 50 Euro notes when you deal with the bank guys.

No comments: