Saturday, June 14, 2014

A Fake Breeze

I made it to Rudesheim yesterday.....one of bigger tourist-traps of the region.

Somewhere in the midst of my day....I had lunch....at a restaurant with a outdoor sitting area but with four sides (walls).  Yet, I sat there and could feel a breeze.

So I turned and there hidden into the potted plants surrounding the tables....was a ventilator.  Yep, blowing air around the tables in this outdoor garden.  A "fake" breeze.

From what I could figure....there must have been at least three of these running and if you didn't really pay attention.....you would have thought it was real air circulation going on.  Maybe it makes a difference, but you have to figure if you run three of these....for twelve hours a day....it'll still show up as a minor increase on your electrical bill.

No comments: