Thursday, October 19, 2023

Just Odd

 Back in my Air Force years, I was sent to a week-long seminar on terrorism. One the big events of the week....they took to the out-back of the base, and blew up a car on some pavement.  

X-amount of explosive....result?  A crater, and a flipped over car.  Yeah, it was impressive.

So when I looked at the photo of this Palestinian hospital....it was a curious thing for me. 

First, if it had been a Israeli rocket/missile/bomb....it would have flatten the entire building. This was not the case....it ended up in the rear parking lot.  It's not a huge parking lot....I'd say maybe 25 to 35 cars max could fit there.

Second, the 'crater' is probably big enough to fit a bath-tub or two into.  Again, that doesn't fit the normal profile of a explosive that Israel would use.  Max of maybe half-a-meter deep.  

Damage?  Burnt cars.....maybe one or two turned over, the rest just burnt.  Building damage?  Windows knocked out, but not much damage.

So the odds of this being a Hamas rocket?  I'd give it almost 99-percent chance.  

500 dead?  Well....if there were 500 in the parking lot at the time.....yeah, it might be true.  But were they all there for some smoke-break?  Evening hours, I might believe thirty-odd people standing there and dead.    

2 comments:

Bigus Macus said...

The media shallowed whole the Israeli rocket story. I will come out later that it wasn't but you won't see any retraction of the original story reported.

Schnitzel_Republic said...

True, even WSJ/NY T went for the 'bait'. But it proves that BIG news will believe just about anything, without digging past the first layer of substance. I waited to see the photo, and then started laughing.

I'm pretty sure in Lebanon and Iran....at least a thousand people will come forward in the next couple of months to say they were in the parking lot and just avoided doom by 60 seconds by driving away.