Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Odd Travel Story

 I have the DB (Bahn, railway) App, and it was dirt-simple to operate...until recently.

They made the search engine simple enough....I could find the right 'trip' and block it (even with seats)....with a credit card or direct purchase via my bank.  

Well....they attached a second program and wanted you to prove who you were.  This program....having nothing to do with the DB App....wanted your pic of your ID, your cellphone, and was to create a whole new password gimmick.

So yesterday and today....I spent around 3 hours trying get myself signed up.  

Total waste of time.  Three different ways to sign up.....they all failed.   So I can look up trips on my smart-phone, but I CAN'T buy a ticket unless I stop at the machine by the tracks, or by the DB-Travel Shop.

My impression?  I don't think DB and this second security company ever tested their product as one single seamless effort.

The local tram and bus company?  They kept their program running....without any of this security stuff.   

No comments: