Friday, April 12, 2024

Two Stories

 I had two unique events to occur this week in my neck of the woods of Germany.

First, driving into Wiesbaden....within 60 seconds of an accident where some car ran into the back of a female bicyclist.....flipping her over in some way. 

Wiesbaden has tried to be bike-friendly over the past decade, and if you asked me....it's just awful dangerous on 95-percent of the streets to ride.

From my view....the gal was fairly injured but didn't break anything.  It simply was another reminder that it's just way too dangerous in the metro area to ride a bike.

The second episode?  I was at the fitness studio....where in the midst of things, some guy (German, mid-50s, fairly fit) got a call from his 'girlfriend'.

Basically in 90 seconds....the GF gave final notice....end of relationship, and this disturbed the guy a fair bit.  For the rest of us (maybe 8 guys/gals around him).....we got the entire end-story.  

I felt sorry for the guy, but to be honest, I don't know the GF-end of this story.

From my wife's associates (the ones without a husband and in their 50s)....as they relate things....there just aren't any four-star available guys around.  At least...they portray the situation as such. 

The thing about this case.....from the eight-odd people overhearing this....it will be on their minds each time they see the guy in the fitness studio in the future.  You will wonder...did he buy flowers and make-up with the gal?  Did the gal find a new guy?  What was the breaking point?  Just a lot to wonder about. 

No comments: