Sunday, February 11, 2024

Clean 'Text' While Viewing A Movie?

 Last night, my wife dug out this DVD....Aviator II....for us to watch.

First, I'm not much of a fan of Aviator and the saga....this was mostly necessary because of crappy offerings from both German public TV and commercial TV.  I think my back-up plan was CSI and some Vienna opera (I can stand about 4 hours a year).  

So to 'boot' it on the DVD player....I had to chose the language.  Four choices.  German was second, and I don't mind picking it.  

But at the top...was English.  

Just under....there was a 'warning' that under this language choice....it was 'cleaned-up' English....meaning no swear words or derogatory stuff.

I paused there.

My wife (German in nature) asked if the warning was necessary or that rough language bothered English-speakers.  I said 'f**k no', but suggested that some Brits/Americans might be Woke-enough.....that some rough language by AI-characters or Aviator cartoon characters....that it'd make them react in some funny way.

So I watched the crappy Aviator II movie in German....with all the rough-talk included.  To be honest....I didn't notice much on bad words, but that might be because of the German wife using swear words daily.

As for the movie?  There's not much I can say....the Aviator folks beat the idiot Earthlings, and a bunch of AI fish and humans died in a merciful way (without much blood and gore).  

1 comment:

HD Wrench said...

Speaking of opera. Did you know the word 'opera' is derived from Latin, meaning 'Death by Singing'.