Monday, September 23, 2024

Radical Trip?

 This AM, via Lufthansa at my local Frankfurt Airport....you can fly via their discount airline (Discover) twice a week up to the most northern point of Europe....to Alta, Norway.....to the ALF airport.  New service deal.

I sat and pondered over this.  A 3.5 hour flight....mostly to a place that 99-percent of people would not go.

Chief purpose?  Well....there's only two angles to this trip.  Either you are thrilled to be in a 22-hour per day darkness (winter months) or 22-hour per dark light (summer months).....OR you want to desperately see the northern lights.

Cost factor?  Well...as you breeze through the options....what they hint is in the 230 Euro range, but in the end.....to get basic options.....it's in the 480 Euro for a R/T ticket.  Oh, and I should say....it's a full 7-day deal.

I admit...I've had this interest in the northern lights situation.....but after you've seen it for one evening....then what?  You have 6 remaining days on the trip.  The local tourist pitch....some kind of 'rock-art' museum?  I'd probably have to consume a fair amount of alcohol daily to keep myself thrilled.

Germans hyped up to do this?  I could see locally.....maybe a thousand folks willing to pay and make a 7-day trip.  Some would just want to de-stress for a week, and absorb all the northern lights, with a half-bottle of gin per night.  A few might be desperate to see real freaking snowfall. 

No comments: