Friday, May 5, 2023

Robo-Mower Regulations Coming

 In my village of 400 residences....I would guess and say that about 40 folks have a robo-mower set up and automatically mows the grass....while the resident is there, or at work.  Up until now....there's not been a German law or Hessen state law to guide robo-mowers.

This week, a discussion started up at the state level, and folks want some type of mandate/regulation to exist.  

What this will pertain to?  Well....some people (I haven't figured who) apparently set up their robo-mower.....to run after 'dark'.....meaning between 10 PM and 6 AM.  Concerned Germans say there are animals out and about at this time, and in the darkness....robo-mowers are dangerous.

The quietness factor?  Well...compared to a electric or gas mower.....I'd say the robo-mowers are extremely quiet, and even with my window open in mid-summer.....I doubt I could hear one running in my backyard.  

Do we really need robo-mower regulations?  I'd question this, but Germans tend to always voice concern, and advocate adding rules.  

No comments: