Saturday, December 23, 2023

Review: Rebel Moon (Off Netflix)

 If you took Star Wars....watered it down by 50-percent...then brought in 13-year old kids to write the script....and invested four times the appropriate amount of money for a B-grade movie, this would be Rebel Moon.

I got to the 35-minute point, and had to quit....I lost patience.

This AM, I got up early and watched the remainder of what is a 2-hour-plus movie....speeding through 8 to 10 scenes to reach some conclusion.

This is my current problem with Netflix....they are signing contracts to produce 'something' for their consumers, and just throwing money at crappy promised movies or series.  

I don't have that much of a problem with the South Korean productions.....a lot of them have surprised me on content and script.  Even the German Netflix productions for 2023...I tend to rate the majority of them with fairly high grades.  

Rebel Moon?  If you have trouble sleeping....it's one to watch...you will be asleep in 30 minutes.

No comments: