Sunday, June 14, 2015

Just Something Else to Worry About

It's been an odd weekend in Germany.

Yesterday.....here in southwest Germany.....some retired German guy got up early and was going to do his 6AM walk.  Somewhere in the local area....some circus had an elephant to escape.  At some point in this walk....the elephant and the old guy came to meet.  And the elephant killed the old guy.

No witnesses to the episode and you can't say if the guy just tried to be friendly, or if he said something that angered the elephant.  It could have simply been a red-shirt situation.....the guy smoking....or maybe the wrong aftershave.

What bothers me about the episode.....is that I'm one of these retired guys who go out for a walk occasionally in my local woods.  Naturally, for the past year.....I've had apprehension over wolves now in Hessen.  Now?  I have to add the potential of an elephant maybe escaping from the local circus and encountering an elephant on some trail.

No comments: