Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Germans and Spring Water

I'm using my best-guess numbers....because no one ever collects this kind of data.....but I'd take a guess that around fifteen Germans out of a thousand.....will go out weekly to collect local spring water from one single source, for their water and coffee requirements.

These are people....mostly over the age of fifty and fairly dedicated to a particular taste of water and it needs to be non-city piped water.  Health conscious?  Well.....I'd take a guess that these are also people into a certain way of living.....into wellness things....and into nutritional enhancement.

So people take a dozen odd containers every week or two and run off to a local spring.  Water quality?  Best not to bring this up.  Within thirty minutes driving of my place....there's probably two-hundred such springs, and I doubt if any government office really wants to have that responsibility.

The most unusual of the springs I've seen?  Between Wiesbaden and the Frankfurt airport.....there's a spring area about 100 feet away from the autobahn itself.

No comments: