Saturday, March 23, 2024

Shower Discussion

 

I paused over this graphic today.  Country by country....it rated showers per day by locals.

So if you did view Germany (or France), you'd notice that fewer than two-thirds shower daily.  (Brit's too).

The two countries where it seemed like 85-percent or more of folks showered daily?  Portugal and Italy.   

Back in 1978, when I first got to Germany.....this was one of the top 250 topics that came up in my first couple of weeks of orientation....that a lot of Germans were a once or  twice a week on shower routines.  The general hint was that you got off work....Germans came home and 'sponged-up' the upper half of your body,  and waited till 'shower-day' (twice a week).  At first, I thought it was a joke  but I  came to realize that the general problem I came to 'stand'....was that everyone was applying an awful lot of perfume/after-shave as they left for work.

In this solution, the problem was mixing sweat-smell with some perfume/after-shave, and you got a pretty bad scent.

A big deal?  As I age now....my sense of smell has gone to crap, and I can sit in a German train....end-of-the-day, and people with three or four days straight of zero-showers don't bother me.   

No comments: