Thursday, July 4, 2024

The Russian Census Doubt I Have

 The first ever census in Russia occurred in 1897....with 125-million listed.

It would be 23 years before the next came....after the Czar left...listing 137-million.  Six years would pass, and then the 3rd census came up a 5-percent  loss...saying 101-million existed.

It's at this point that I start to have this feeling that the 1920 and 1926 census numbers were fudged up.

The census of 1939?  It simply notes at the very beginning of the war....they had around 109-million.

Fourteen years after the war ended....the Soviet report a count of 118-million.  I would suggest this was a bogus number.

The 1989 number of 147-million?  Almost a peak number....at least they want you to think this.

The last census in 2021?  147-million....so they say.

The true number?  I'm shaking my head and mostly doubt that they come over the 110-million point.  With the war-dead and the 1-to-2 million young men who've left the country?  I don't think Putin can really talk much about the numbers or necessity to fake things.

No comments: