Sunday, September 17, 2023

Day 2 Of The Oktoberfest

 Oktoberfest started yesterday.  I noticed a medical report on one of the networks.....between doctors and paramedics.....they figure around 650 people were 'treated'.  

I've been to the Oktoberfest twice in my life (1979 and 2016).  

To me, it's a fascinating experience.  You have so many people who are drinking hefty amounts of beer, and somewhere after the 2nd mas (liter container)....if you aren't careful....you get out of control.  

For those who haven't been to the event.....over on the end of the 'fest-area'....there's a special tent area and slooped hill for folks to be treated.  Once the doctor has cleared you.....you get dumped on the hill and lay there for an hour or two.  From my 90 minutes of observing.....I'd say they were dumping three people every ten minutes.

On a sunny day?  Yeah, laying there for 90 minutes might get you a slight sunburn.

How do people get this stupid?  Mostly from the large 1-liter containers.  If you'd mandate it to be strictly half-liter plastic cups.....it'd likely slow things down.  

Women just as stupid?  From 1979, I observed some American gal who could not have weighed more than 100 pounds....trying to master the 1-liter mas, and failed.  She probably spent two hours on the hill....recovering. 

No comments: