Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Is Covid Crawling Back Into German Society?

  About four minutes of last night's prime news (ARD, 8 PM, 15 min long) were devoted to Covid chatter.

Health Minister (Lauterbach, SPD) getting into the news?  Oh yeah....got his booster shot and advocating for people to come out.  

Suggesting? Government wants people who work at hospitals/retirement homes to get the vax, along with anyone over 60 years old.

At the peak in 2022....around two-thirds of German society had gotten the initial two shots. If you were going to ask me who might sign up now for the booster stuff?  I'd say in the 40-to-50 percent range.....max.

Bringing back the mask business?  I've not yet seen any increase.  In a normal week....traveling around the Wiesbaden....I might see five to eight people wearing a mask....with 1,000 not wearing a mask.  There might be some limited 'orders' (buses/trains for example).  

The one thing you notice....the test-kits are not selling at the grocery or drug store operations.  Of the test-stations that existed in 2021?  I'd say 95-percent have closed.  I can only think of one station in Wiesbaden still in operation.

Trying to hype it back to a serious subject?  I just don't see Germans buying it on the 2nd go-around.  

No comments: