Wednesday, September 20, 2023

My Frankfurt Trip Today

 I rode the train into Frankfurt today....arriving at the main station.  It's one of my ten most fascinating places in Germany.

In the early spring of 1978....I did my first trip to the Frankfurt station.  It's a magnificent station (at least by German standards).

Some folks would say since 1978, it's improved.  I tend to note some improvements, but note the number of addicts and homeless people hanging around.  You didn't have this issue in 1978.

I didn't linger like I did in 1978....admiring the structure for almost an hour.  I marched through....gazed at a few things, and made my way to the subway....ten minutes later, I was onboard a S-Bahn and leaving the city.  

I guess I have this love-hate thing about Frankfurt now.  It's best to limit my time there and not be overly critical of the city.  

No comments: