Saturday, May 27, 2023

Food Chatter

 A German gov't paper is floating around, under the office of German Society for Nutrition (DGE). 

They are going to press that the right amount of meat for you to consume....is no more than 10 grams per day (to be healthy).

I asked my German wife for an estimate of this.  She paused and said it was basically one-quarter of a McDonalds regular hamburger patty.  She emphasized....it's not a Big-Mac sized patty....it's the thinny-thin patty.

Then she laid it out....between my typical breakfast, lunch and dinner.....I probably consume 200 to 250 grams of meat per day.  

I paused at this point....it'd basically take to the last possible step before becoming a vegetarian.  

Accepting this?  No...I'm probably the last guy who'd go this far.

The problem is....for the next five years....you will get constant reminders from public TV about how 10 grams is 'right', and you need to change your habits.  The propaganda will be dished out daily.

I can see some public TV cooking show....showing a paper-thin hamburger patty, and trying to convince you that this is all you need to consume....to be happy and healthy.  

No comments: