1. This halted drone attack at the Halle Airport? Well....two aspects laid out yesterday. First....the guy who spotted it....a bus-driver for a tour group....saw it land on the ground (no reason given)....got out....stomped on it to disable it. Cops came about 10-to-15 minutes later....to find it was 'armed' with an explosive.
Second thing....the Interior Ministry is NOT convinced it was the Russians. This has confused the public TV journalists a good bit. I'll just say....there's probably six or more groups I would be eyeballing, and the Russians are on the list....but so are the Iranians, the CIA guys, private Ukrainians with a agenda, and Ukrainian gov't guys.
2. France. About those fires. Well...the authorities now say that they've arrested 402 individuals who were trying to start fires....roughly 150 of them....were juveniles.
3. FIFA boss (Gianni Infantino) says he is not considering stepping down. Crisis meeting wrapped up yesterday.....he intends to stay until forced out.
4. Study of effect done....if the food VAT (tax) is raised to normal VAT levels (19-percent)....for a family of four....it means around 1,200 to 1,400 Euro a year MORE. Public really not agreeing much with the VAT change.
5. Morocco has said now....they will NOT accept back the juveniles in Ceuta (the Spanish enclave).
6. Lot of discussion going on....to pick the next German President (after Steinmeier leaves office in January). Two hypes.....one that it should be open to non-political folks (unlikely to occur). The other being that it MUST be a woman.
My suggestion....get a transwoman up for the job.
7. Jason Arday....the Cambridge sociology of education professor.....having resigned a day or two ago....over plagiarism allegations in his academic work is fully 'gone'.
The college now says that they will have a investigation to figure out how they screwed-up.
I see 3 problems.....first, if you open up to this issue....there is a pretty good chance that a 2nd and 3rd idiot-professor also exists....so everyone needs a review.
Second thing, if you had folks who took two or three of his classes....do they still get 'credits'?
Finally, do you sue to recover 'pay'? (I should add....I do wonder what the guy will do for a job in the future....flipping burgers or driving a bus?)
I watched yesterday....about 15 minutes of a clip over his professor-talk. I wasn't that impressed, and about 60-percent of it....was pure BS. But it started to make me think....across the US, there's probably 5,000 instructors of this type...dumbass types with a PhD that was fake-work. They aren't really teaching anything....just BSing folks to a level of thinking they know something.
No comments:
Post a Comment