Saturday, August 29, 2026

Hawaii Pizza.....Adding Corn?

 On my great adventure to Belgium.....we arrived in Ghent Sunday evening to discover about 90-percent of restaurants are NOT open on Sunday.  So we asked the desk-gal....where could a person eat-out?  

She suggested a pizza shop about ten minutes walking from the hotel.

So we go over.  My wife orders some 'wrap' (safe)

I order a Hawaii pizza.  It comes out about 12 minutes later....with about half-a-can of corn sprinkled over the topi of it....added to the ham and pineapples.

It did not make sense.  I spent about half my time....using a fork, and trying to remove the corn.

The deal?  I asked AI and 'he' says that the corn is supposed to lessen the sweet taste of pineapple.  It makes no sense, but these folks were sold on the idea.

So if you are ever in Belgium.....ordering a pizza....read the menu-selection carefully.

No comments: