Monday, August 10, 2026

A Day In Wiesbaden

 I did a public bus 'run' today....into Wiesbaden, and over to the Army post.  Observations:

1.  Back-to-school day.  You get to observe the attire/dress trends.  

So....about 10-percent of the 12/13/14-year old German girls have fake eyelashes, and thick lipstick (fire-engine red).  Hair color trend?  Probably 10-percent went to florescent red/orange over the summer.  I probably noted 30 young ladies in slut-attire (I wouldn't let them leave the house dressed like this).

2.  Virtually everywhere you....water pipe renovation going on....both in the shopping district and along the route to the post.

3.  Robo-mowers set up on the outer boundaries of the Army post.  Three of them running....no human around.  Oddly....mowing 100-percent dead grass (since early July).  I would assume some guy sets them up and comes back three hours later...moving onto the next patch.  

4.  Bus/train audits?  Odd....on the six rides I had today.....I was ticket-audit-checked by six folks.  Statistically?  In one day....I usually might be hit once in twenty trips.  Just odd.

5.  Max in the city at 34 C (93 F).  Germans 'dying' all over the place from the heat-wave. 

Well.....NO.....lot of folks sipping water/ice coffee. 

6.  All time record of ice cream shops along the shopping district.  From end-to-end....probably 14 of the shops set up.  Twice of what you'd observe in 2010.

7.  Finally, AC-wise for bus travel....is crap.  You can probably sit and ride for about 20 minutes....before the heat gets to you (noon-time), and you have to exit the bus.

No comments: