Each guy/gal/other in the German Bundestag....gets 10,000 Euro a year for office expenses (meaning PC, laptop, printer, TAB, paper, cellphone, pens, notebooks, etc).
Someone sat down with the outflow of funds in the past year....oddly finding on average....at least 10 smart-phones a year....are bought individually.
Explanation? None given.
I pondered over this. I worked with an American who lost or 'wrecked' three cellphones a year....for four years straight. He was a pretty active guy....paddling a canoe....jogging in a lighted park after dark....biking weekly. It would just happen....he'd show up at work...admit the loss, and go over at lunch to buy a new cellphone.
In the Bundestag case? I would imagine that year after year....four-year period....you've had 50,000 Euro flow through the account....buying a pallet of paper....boxes of 60 ink-pens (the 12-Euro per pen-type made in Japan), and spending 1,000 Euro on a ultra-nice Samsung cellphone isn't a big deal.
What type or model of smart-phone are they buying? Unknown.
If you asked about this? I would imagine they'd rather not discuss the matter. But they say that they lug five phones around....one for important party-chat, one for their wife to call, one for journalistic chatter, one for their Russian/Chinese friend to contact, and one for their paramour-situation (love-interest, both guys/gals).
Them reselling over Ebay? No...never....I just can't imagine some guy for the Green Party being this corrupted.
All of this adding up to 5-million Euro a year? Well....it's best not to talk over that number.
No comments:
Post a Comment