My wife (German in nature) tried years ago to bring me over to the 'dark-side'....to use mayonnaise on French Fries/pommes. That effort....failed.
I went grocery shopping with her last Friday. About ten minutes into the journey...I got to the retiree 'bench' that the store maintains....so older guys didn't have to walk aisle by aisle....wasting an entire hour.
So the bench in this store.....is across the way from the mayonnaise aisle. I had the full view....all 15 brands, and probably around 100 variations of mayonnaise. There's plain regular....there's kitchen-blended-in....there's hot-pepper mayonnaise....there's mustard-blended-in....and on, and on.
The general use of mayonnaise? It still goes on, but I suspect that 75-percent of mayonnaise is bought for fries/pommes.
Where this started? I've asked this question, but there's no history to draw upon.
1 comment:
Growing up, I spent my summers on lake Huron in Canada and I picked up the mayonnaise with fries as well as malt vinegar with fries.
Post a Comment