Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Bahn Story

I noticed this afternoon on N-TV (commercial German news) a business item....involving the Bahn folks (the German national railway).

The affect of Covid-19 on Bahn profits (Jan-Jun)?

What they say is that they are missing around 3.7-billion Euro.

The rest of the year?  No real discussion. 

I have a 50-percent off Bahn card, which I used a good bit for regional trips in 2019.  This year?  Almost nothing, and I don't really expect any trips for the next six months because of the virus.  I think a lot of normal long-distance travelers are the same way.  It's one thing to ride for an hour for your office situation, but you can't go and plan some 7-hour ride and feel great about the massive amount of virus potential. 

The government likely covering a 10-billion loss for them at the beginning of 2021?  I would bet on it.

No comments: