Wednesday, January 20, 2021

The Injections 'Show'

 I have one central peeve about the German public nightly news (via both ZDF and ARD).  

If you start viewing news segments around 5 PM, all the way to 10:30 PM....both want to tell you the latest on Covid-19 news. It might be a 2-minute segment...it might go up to 7-minutes.

Somewhere in that 'clip'....at least two injection sequences will be shown, and I get this queasy feeling.  

About a week ago, I probably watched five German news segments throughout the day, and there must have been at least twenty injection scenes.  The necessity of having the injection scenes?  I'm not sure....maybe it's for dramatic purposes.  Maybe they think it 'deadens' your worries.

Over the last weekend, in one report that went for several minutes....they probably had at least seven injection scenes.  

My nausea level?  It goes from zero up to around six-to-seven.  After the Covid sequence ends....it takes about three minutes for me to chill out and the nausea to drift back to zero.

I sat and thought about it.  Usually, in an entire year before Covid came around....you might get five or six injection scenes shown....mostly with heroin addicts. 

At some point, I expect some German mental-expert PhD folks to announce a new syndrome  has arrived and they are treating a thousand Germans for fear of injections....which is strictly attached to watching TV news.  

No comments: