Saturday, January 16, 2021

On Stupid Comments

 Last night, I was watching a German reality show, and some German gal was all chatty.  At some point, she wanted folks to know that she was '70-percent Vegan'.  

I turned and asked my German wife....what this really meant, and she made the extremely blunt statement 'she's NOT a vegan, period'.  

This would be like me saying I eat nutritionally 70-percent of the time, and snack on potato chips, bean dip and cheese-cake 30-percent of the time.  In simple terms....I'm not eating nutritionally.

This would also be like me saying I was a social drinker 70-percent of the time, and on Saturday evenings....binge-drink ten German beers over four hours, and on evenings at restaurants, sip through five double-shot rum-cocktails.  

The odds today that this statement via the reality show will be front-page news on 20-percent of German newspapers?  Probably.  Lets admit it....in Covid-19 times....you really need crazy news like this to keep you amused.  

No comments: