Friday, January 29, 2021

The EU Screw-Up

 Focus reporters sat down with the Brit company Aztrazeneca's contract with the EU.  I've chatted about this for a day or two.

What's really in the contract?  The EU screwed up.  There is NO binding words, that say an obligation to a date exists.  NONE.

I would strongly recommend a read of the contract.

What I suspect happened?  A lot of people profess they are experts at writing contracts.  I came across them in my military years and the contractor years.  If you don't put a deliver 'by-date', the contract is crap.  

I had a requirement for some office furniture at some point, and went to the finance officer that we had.  As I found out....the guy was marginally qualified for the job and the contract that was signed?  Instead of a delivery in sixty days....it was pretty much open.  I tried to talk with the company we'd done business with, and they wanted another thousand dollars to meet this new delivery-date.  I just shook my head.....we weren't going to do that.  So we waited (it took seven months to get this delivery).  After that point, I read every single contract that was written by the finance officers involving our requirements.  

The EU folks who screwed up here?  They probably will get promoted but at the same time.....the trust level by individual countries will be marginal at best.  

No comments: