Monday, September 6, 2021

New Trend

 There's this trend which has started up here in Germany in the past two decades.  Maybe to some degree....it's been easing into the US as well (I'm so rarely there, so I might not readily notice it).  The trend is.....non-alcohol drinks, at bars and pubs.

No, I'm not talking about soda or fruit juices.

I'm talking about non-alcohol beer, wine, whiskey, rum, etc.  There's just enough flavor in the cocktail to make you think it's got a whiskey-taste, but it's not.  

RBB (public TV out of Berlin) talked about this trend here in the AM.  There's a company in the Berlin area which is researching this trend and developing such drinks.

The term often used?  'Nolo', which is a clean non-alcoholic drink.

A health trend?  To some degree, yes.

Numbers?  No one says much over that and I would imagine that nine out of ten Germans still prefer a bit of 'punch' in their beer or cocktail.  

No comments: