Thursday, September 16, 2021

My Day Yesterday

 I spent most of yesterday at a clinic/hospital appointment for my wife in Offenbach (SE suburb of Frankfurt).  The dire Covid problems led to the 'guard' of the front-door to ban me from entry because I didn't have business....so only the German wife entered for the 5-hour period.  I stood and sat on the park bench outside of the place....waiting.

So, by mid-morning....I sat there and could hear this screaming.  Down toward the parking garage....whole bunch of screaming.  I gazed over and here was this mother dragging (I mean it in the literal sense) this kid.  I would take a guess that the kid was about 7 years old.

The lady was a light-weight....maybe a hundred pounds at best.

Every step of the way....he was fighting as hard as he could, and she had to have an incredible grip on his arm, to keep him from running off.

This went on for about ten minutes.....dragging a bit....resting a moment....dragging some more.

It was not German that he was uttering....I'd only be guessing but suggesting both were Sri Lankan. 

Most Americans and probably half of German society....would have stopped in the parking lot and just beaten the 'fire' out of the kid.  This gal never went at that angle....showed a lot of patience/love for the kid. 

It would have been curious what his fury was about, but I noted even as they finally got past the door guard.....the kid was still screaming at full-power.  

No comments: