Friday, June 9, 2023

This Syrian Knife Attack in Annecy France

 I sat watching German N-TV this AM.  Some parts of the story of the Syrian guy who attacked the French/German kids in the playground:

1.  Video at the scene oddly enough....shows him shouting 'in the name of Jesus' twice before starting the attack.  No, he didn't utter the Islamic words you'd expect.

2.  Guy had lived ten years in Sweden and had applied for citizenship. Sweden refused....recently.  

3.  His mother claims....he went nuts after the Swedes said 'no'.

4.  Guy has an ex-wife, who says in interviews....he was always fragile and mentally unwell.  He was generally so bad off on mental state....that he didn't want to leave the house, or work.

5.  After his citizenship was refused....he packed up and left Sweden....going to France.  No one says weeks or months.....I assume he was kinda broke, and it was just a matter of a week or two.

6.  Cops appear to be tossing out terror motives, and just eyeballing loss of mental balance.  Based on comments by the ex-wife and mother.....I'd say the guy has always (since childhood) been unbalanced.

7.  Then the odd factor....he wasn't being told to leave Sweden.  Based on the description.....he could stay there as a refugee....just not being a Swede.

Finally, my humble opinion.   None of the European countries on accepting applications for asylum or green-card status....require a physical or mental exam.  I can attest to that myself.  They just wanted paperwork filled out.  No TB test, or mental fitness exam.  

Throughout my German classes and integration class....I probably bumped into 200-odd non-Germans.  I'd go and admit.....there's probably two of them that I felt were mentally unbalanced in some way.  

From my German prospective....I think the Germans don't care if you are a bit of a nut.....they have so many of those type Germans already....so a few more nuts aren't an issue.  

This Syrian guy?  He'll be pushed into a mental review, and fail.  Then he's off to some fenced-in compound for the remainder of his life....to live in southern France (maybe better than living in Sweden is my take on this).

No comments: