Friday, January 20, 2023

One Funny Memory From the 2020 to 2022 Covid Era Here in Germany

 Somewhere along September 2020....a whole bunch of mandates came down about what could be open or not....so barbershops got onto the closed list around October of that time frame.

So until spring of 2021...around April....you couldn't visit a barbershop.  

At some point, even my German wife made a comment about my ragged hair situation...to which I butchered up my hair....cutting it myself.

This became an odd trend in early 2021....guys would appear on TV and look pretty bad in terms of their hair.  Then you'd occasionally notice this one guy out of forty....who must have found a private barber to cut his hair.....against the stupid mandate rules.  

When they did lift the ban.....then you had extra rules in place.  You had to mask up while getting the cut.  You had to accept a hair-wash...meaning another five to eight Euro for a guy's haircut.  You had to have an appointment time, and meet the 'window', or lose your slot.  

I'm reminded of all this today....having gone to my local Turkish barber, and the zero rules mentality with the shop today in 2023.  

No comments: