Friday, January 20, 2023

What I Think Of the Aldi Mini-Grocery Concept?

The concept goes this way....the grocery chain....Aldi....does research and determines areas where a small 'mini' shop would make sense.

My description?  It's about 3 meters by 12 meters in size, and probably has around 180 different grocery items on the shelves.  

It's the kind of shop I'd put next to a small train station or a bus stop.  You swipe your credit card to enter.....pick up what amounts to your snacks for the day, or some 'quickie' meal for the evening.  

I haven't personally been in one, so I can't say if they have booze or beer on the shelf.

It's certainly not a real grocery, and it's the kind of place where you'd only stop on your way to work or returning home. 

The nifty thing?  It's open 24 hours a day....and unmanned.

If it came to my village....it'd probably be a success....but we have no space at any of the four bus-stops in the village.

Right now....it's probably in the couple of dozen around Germany, and still more of an experiment.  In ten years?  I expect several thousand to exist.  

No comments: