Saturday, February 4, 2023

The List Discussion

 WELT (the German newspaper) went and had a couple of journalists meet up with the Last Generation activists (face-to-face moment).

So there's this odd thing that occurs.

For some reason (poor security probably) they gave access to a listing of all Last Generation activists (probably up into the couple thousand members).....names, addresses, and then there's a assigned 'score' on how willing you might be to go off to jail.

They didn't say it was a 1-to-10 thing, or a A-to-D ranking....just that someone in the leadership function asked enough questions to give them a 'score'.

I sat for about an hour...contemplating this and how things evolve in life.

They are basically assigning you a mental status.

If you'd come to me at age 20 and asked me to rank my willingness to go off to jail....one-to-ten....it'd been a one (a no-go situation).  Even if you'd said there was money involved (like one-thousand-dollars a month)....I doubt it'd ever gone past one.  And here in my 64th year of life....I'd actually tell you it's more of a minus-ten at this point.....for me going off to jail.

So, this begs the question....are there German college kids or graduated-college young people....who contemplate jail as something worthily? As a former manager, this type of mentality would have bothered me, and I probably would not have hired the guy or gal for the company.

Who started this ranking?  No one says much.  

Showing it to WELT....strictly by accident?  I think so....I mean, what would you have gotten from such a stupid act?

This creating a path where mental toughness might trigger you to be violent and dedicated to some act of violence (like Red Army Faction) to achieve goals?  I'm just not that sure.

If this list got out in public and your kid was on the list.....with some type of '8' for willingness to go off to jail....would it trigger you as a parent to step in and stage an intervention....telling the kid that they were 'confused'?  

The cops interested in the list?  I would imagine they've probably got a copy of it by this point, and the jail-score gimmick might interest them.  

Just an odd development and a sign of bad things to come, I think.

No comments: