Friday, July 7, 2023

Use of WhatsApp in Germay

 In case you didn't know....around 85-percent of Germans between 18 and 65....use WhatsApp.  Yeah, more than any social media platform.

From German kids?  I would imagine out of every hundred German kids (ages 10 to 18)....it's near 99-percent who have it loaded on their cellphone.  

A big deal?  Go ride a early AM bus with forty school kids onboard, and various kids are shopping around for homework that they failed to do the night before.  In three minutes....maybe 20 kilometers away....they will find another kid who has the project done.  That kid will shoot the photo and send it to my bus, where the work will be copied.  

People shopping in stores and shooting a picture of a product on sale, then sending it to their buddy?  I see that at least once on every shopping trip. 

Will Facebook continue to support WhatsApp?  I'm not convinced of that.  I suspect this 'Threads' introduction....is a way to say things are evolving and WhatsApp by spring of 2024 will come to an end.  Germans accepting that?  I doubt it. 

No comments: