Friday, September 18, 2026

What Is The German 'Fake-O-Meter'?

Well....I heard the term this AM, and looked into it.

The word “Fake-O-Meter” is NOT a German official government name. It is the word created by the  German outlet NIUS (right-wing news establishment)....for a publicly funded research project called kuKI. 

What is kuKI?  kuKI (“Kulturalisierungssensible KI-Assistenz für eine desinformationsresiliente multilinguale Gesellschaft”).

It's a AI 'tool' for detecting and classifying disinformation....after fact-checking....with BS that comes in German, Russian or Turkish.

Gov't funded?  Federal Ministry for Research, Technology and Space (BMFTR) paid for it with 3.2 million Euro.

AI figures out the disinformation?  Yeah. 

I pondered upon this....AI creating fake BS....AI discovering fake BS.  You don't require a middle-man

Fake news AI learning?  I would imagine every hour....it's writing a 'lessons-learned' summary, and the fake news BS gets better.

But on the other side of this....people are now relying upon AI to tell them 'this-is-BS'.  They can't match the skills/wits of AI that easily.

What happens when the fake-o-meter says it's true (not BS) and hurts the gov't message/brand?  No one says much over that idea.  

No comments: