Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Interview Chatter

The Chancellor gave a interview yesterday.....in the midst of it....the moderator noted that  "twenty-percent (of Germans) want to leave the country."

But the Chancellor was quick witted....responding....at least 80-percent want to stay.  Then he noted....'to where'.

The numbers game?  If 20-percent did up-and-leave....we'd go from 84-million down to around 67-million.  

Who are the twenty-percent?  Mostly folks determined that AfD cannot lead the country, or any Germany state.

Is it a bluff?  Well....not entirely.

There's a poll recently done which asked if you could leave....(nothing to do with AfD)....that one in five Germans are entertaining to exit.  Part of this group are people retiring and believing that they can get more bang-for-the-buck (like in Thailand or Turkey).  Some of the group are fed-up with job opportunities.  Some folks want to start a business....which usually is tough in Germany.

Out of this one-in-five group....I would imagine that 50-percent will get serious and write down some goals, and plans.  

Was Merz correct?  Where would folks go?  

If you challenged these folks hyped-up and against AfD.....most would be talking about European countries...where right-wing parties are also growing.  I doubt that they'd be happy to find this type of atmosphere at the 'new-land'.

After pondering this a good bit.....if the 20-percent were serious, I've come to realize that they are mostly of the SPD, Linke, and Green Party....plus some oddball folks in the CDU-CSU.  So you'd automatically go and help AfD in future elections, by lessening the opposition.

Wild times....I must admit.

No comments: