Friday, September 11, 2026

11 Sep 2026: Germany: 4 Stories

 1.  If something has already occurred (history-wise)....can some journalist use the term 'prophet' in describing what has already occurred?  I saw this use today in German print-media.

2. This SPD-candidate for Berlin (city) election.....under investigation.  Reading over the hype this AM....three separate issues.  Two of them....cases of accepting undue advantages.  

I'll admit...it's hurting the SPD numbers....with the election in the next 30 days.  If you felt bad about this....you'd still have the Greens or Linke Party to vote for.

Polling presently for this election?  SPD at 12-percent.  Linke Party leading with 21-percent.  CDU at 20-percent.  AfD at 18-precent, and Greens at 16-percent.

3. Premier-President of the Pfalz (state)....made a statement yesterday....that kids entering the German school system have to speak German.  Tests by the state will be mandated.  If you can't speak German upon entry.....it's simply a waste of time.  Rather odd how we reached this point.

4.  SPD pushing agenda....no more 'cash-only' situations.  You'd have to offer card-acceptability.  About twelve times a year....I come across a situation where the entry sign notes this.  The other 99-percent of situations....offer both cash/card.

No comments: