Saturday, January 20, 2024

My TV Viewing

To be honest, with the yearly World Economic Forum crap in Davos....I rarely watch more than 10 minutes of total coverage.

This week, I watched an extended piece....where the Bloomberg Channel host Francine Lacqua got around to asking folks at the Forum (last night) about how things would go when/if Donald Trump returned to power.

So she turned to David Rubenstein, the guy heading up the Carlyle Group (big-time into  private equity).....asking if there was some way to Trump-proof an economy.

I was shaking my head....it was a stupid question and literally no answer possible.

Rubenstein responds in a funny way....if he could invent such a system....he'd market it and sell it.  

The next fifteen minutes went the same way with other panel folks.

It just seems like these folks spend the bulk of their day....worrying and fretting over Trump....with little else going on.  The fact that a major recession is currently screwing up things around the globe?  Almost unnoticed.  

After a while....I flipped the channel over 'Jungle-Camp'....to get some real entertainment.

No comments: