Friday, September 8, 2023

My Friday 'Out'

 I had two unique experiences today.

First, I rode the Bahn from a town north of Frankfurt (30 km away), and got the experience of a track shut-down for about 40 minutes. We just sat there.

AC running?  Outside....maybe 33 C (91 F).  Inside temp....near 31  C (88 F).  Yeah, it was marginally working.  And the good news.....this was still around 11 AM.  

Between the shut-down and marginal AC....it was my typical hate-Bahn day.  

Later, as I arrived in Wiesbaden....the second experience...McDonalds coffee at the station.  Oddly enough....of the seven-odd employees....one German (management) and what appeared to be six Indian women (or perhaps Sri Lankan).  

About a month ago, I walked into some Burger King in the region, and the eight-odd employees were all Syrian (even the manager).  

No comments: