Monday, July 20, 2026

20 July 2026: Germany: 4 Things

1.  Saarbrucken area...Saturday evening....Syrian couple  (early 30s)....argument develops. Husband threatens the wife with knife.  She ends up on the roof of the building....chased around by the husband there....falls 8 meters to the ground.  Injured.

Cops arrive with the ambulance crew.  Husband arrested.

2. Village fest in Egling (Bavaria).  Some nutcase comes at 8 folks with a knife.  They are wounded but survive....nutcase escapes.  No ID yet on the guy.

3.  Weekend meeting of CDU.....they say they want a national policy....if there are any attacks and the police determine the origin of the attacker.....that it should be released to the public.

Nothing from the SPD or Greens, but I  would guess they aren't that thrilled over the idea.

Even if the police release a statement with 'origin'.....I have my doubts that the public TV folks would talk about it.

4.  Half-time show at World Cup....I would estimate that  more than 50-percent of German viewers were annoyed by it.    

No comments: