Wednesday, July 29, 2026

This FIFA Chaos

 Well....it's been around 24 hours since the story broke. Basic summary?  FIFA, the soccer international group....wants to sell 20-percent of their equity for $20-billion....to a unknown group (I suspect it's mostly the Saudis and their neighbors).  They would be some type of 'partner'.....getting 20-perecent of future profits.  The 2026 profits?  It's  suggested near $9-billion total.

German reaction?  Mostly 99-percent NEGATIVE. Across Europe?  I'd say it's about the same.  There's to be a European meeting this week....to have a answer to FIFA....threatening not to play in future games of FIFA.

What's likely to happen?   I suspect FIFA will offer a 'cut' of the $20-billion....to all the countries in FIFA....say half of the $20-billion...but only if you show up in 2030.

Top-top news in Germany?  Oddly....I'd say it's in the top three news pieces.

My question.....FIFA survived for seventy-odd years....without a partnership.  Why screw with this now?

No comments: