Last night, prime-time....ZDF (public TV, Channel 2) ran a news piece entitled: 'Our Railway: Loved, Cursed, Dangerous?'
You can view it here. It is worth watching (only in German).
I'll say....it's a fair assessment.
What they generally point out....the Bahn is in a long, long period of renovation (probably 20 years), and there's simply not enough money to achieve total and absolute success.
What I'll say?
They are keeping ticket prices at a level....to get you hooked to their 'product'....avoiding flights. The reality is....tickets should be 50-to-100 percent higher.
I do agree....everyone seems to have extremely high expectations....that the 7:08 train from Wiesbaden to Frankfurt train should be 99-percent 'on-time'. The same crowd expects the toilet to always be working.
On stations being 'magnets' for trouble? Frankfurt, Hamburg.....absolutely true. I would tell you to enter....get to your train, and limit your actions within the structure. Don't linger or be a target.
No comments:
Post a Comment