Sunday, April 10, 2016

Odd Things That You Might Come Across in Germany

I was out walking in Wiesbaden today....along the Rhine River, and in the Schloss Park.  So I come around a corner, and there is this flagged item standing there.

Having worked around DC, and noticed various nuke-detection devices.....I kinda assumed it might be something related to that.

For about 30 seconds, I'm standing there and trying imagine what the heck this is.  It's got a finger-print device on the very top and some battery device hooked to something that looks like a flash-drive.

Then, this jogger comes around the corner with a map and he's looking hard for something.....sees the flag, and runs up to put his finger-print on the device, and off he goes.....running.

It's some type of data-collection device for a jogger club.  I sat on a bench in the middle of the park for 30 minutes and probably observed forty-odd people jogging in, with maps, and making their way to the flagged item.

No comments: