Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Covid Story

My village (4,000 residents, on the edge of Wiesbaden)....since the summer of 2020...operated (allowed) a Covid-test center.  It was basically a steel transportable building that had a connection to the city power.  

This past month, without much of an announcement...it finally shutdown.  At it's peak (2021)...I would imagine they were testing around 150 people per day.  The company who operated it...made tons of money up to spring of 2022....then the gov't basically halted the 'free-testing' gimmick.  From that point, until the early 2023....I doubt if they tested more than ten people per day.   

On one day that I showed up for a test....there was some wedding party group (maybe 60 people who pulled up after me) and each had to be tested to meet the conditions of the wedding pair.

Rapid disappearance of the test centers?  If you drive around Wiesbaden....I'd say that 90-percent of the facilities have shut down since summer of 2022.  

A profitable gimmick?  From the original Turkish gal who operated our local center....I'd take a guess that she was pulling in 6,000 Euro a month as her income (she was there seven days a week....running from 8 AM to 6 PM).

No comments: