Thursday, March 23, 2023

Sweatpants Story

 In retirement (since 2013), I've adapted to one German standard....I tend to wear sweatpants in the winter, and shorts in the summer.  I'm not just talking about around the house....even when I go to the bakery or the local recycle center....I'm probably wearing sweatpants/shorts.  

I won't say all German guys go this way, but probably one out of every four...dress in this attire.

If you go back to the 1990s or prior....this wasn't the fashion statement for German retired guys.  It's something that has developed in the past twenty years.

So, I read this in the AM....some school up in the north part of Germany (Wermelskirchen region, NRW) finally had enough and decided to enforce the school attire business....forcing a number of teenagers to go home because they were in jogging pants. 

It's reached a point where a lawyer is involved and there's going to be legal business exercised.

Here's the thing....the news folks have kinda laid this out...it's not just boys involved....young teenage girls always were in the jogging pants fashion.

A new rule?  NO.  This has been around since 2019, and it's the first time that they said 'enough' and sent the kids home.

My gut feeling?  The 14-year old is probably hanging out with Uncle Frank and Opa....seeing them both hang out in the neighborhood....wearing their jogging pants....like me, and don't see a fashion problem.

What'll happen here?  Some judge will be dragged into this and read through a thousand pages of material....to say that nothing in the Constitution talks about jogging pants or shorts.  

No comments: