Wednesday, March 22, 2023

The Prince Harry, Visa, and Drug Question

 It is an odd development over Prince Harry (residing in the US presently).  To get his visa approved....he had to answer various questions, and one was about the use of drugs.

In recent weeks, via his new book....the prince kinda admits to various drugs in his life....so some folks are asking....how can he be approved for a visa to live in the US.

I pondered over this....because I had to apply for a German visa...literally on two occasions (1999 and 2013).  In both efforts....never did use of drugs come up.  They did check my criminal background (non-existent) and want me to prove who I actually was.  Beyond that....it was merely a paperwork drill (around 15 pages of personal data).

Had I been a cocaine-user?  I don't think the German authorities would have cared.  If I had been some ultra right-wing type, or had a record for money-laundering?  Well...that would have been a big deal.

In the case of Harry?  I suspect this will be a mess for the US authorities to clean up and admit they just won't view the drug chatter.  If they did?  He'd have to go, and probably return to the UK.

It's not the end of the world, but obviously....his wife might feel otherwise.  

No comments: