Wednesday, February 10, 2021

'Sinister' Chatter

 I sat there on Tuesday night, watching the late news on ARD (public TV, Channel One).  At some point, they wanted to tell the Trump impeachment update.  

So it started, and about 5 seconds into it....I could hear this music in the background (yeah, my hearing is fairly shot but I could hear this low 'sinister' tune).  After five seconds of this, I asked my wife....are they playing music in the middle of the news piece?  Yep.....was the response.

Of the top ten ways you can identify propaganda.....adding music for effect is one of those characteristics.  

It's amusing that they'd go and do this.....just to dramatically 'lead' the public in a certain direction, but that's the basis of their agenda.

If they'd done something like this in the 1980s....the public would have quickly identified them as 'agents' of the DDR, and the guys responsible would have been rather embarrassed.  Today?  No....just regular business.

The 'sinister' tune....played throughout the piece except when they did a one-on-one interview with their 'puppet' reporter in DC.  

It's good to know that certain parts of old DDR survive on today.  

No comments: