Thursday, February 4, 2021

Political Slogan Poster

 I went out shopping today in the region.....fair number of political signs up....for the city/district election coming up.  So there was this Linke Party sign:

"For the City and District, Let's Make It Nazi-Free."

I stood there for about 90 seconds looking over the sign, then asked my German wife....here in this urbanized shadow of Wiesbaden....are there any Nazis?  

She gave me one of those 'you-shouldn't-have-ask-this-question' looks.  "No" was the response.  Then I got one of those 60-second lectures....with commentary chats...why couldn't they say wolf-free, or smoker-free, or drug-free, or burglar-free.  She's probably right.  

To be honest, in all these years in the urban 'shadow' of Wiesbaden, I just haven' seen any Nazi flags or symbols.  

Guessing your question....are there any real voters for the Linke Party in my village?  No....they rarely get more than 3 or 4 percent of the local vote.  In my particular village, with 2,500-potential votes....I doubt if they ever get more than five to ten votes.  

No comments: