Tuesday, October 1, 2024

1 Oct 2024: 6 German News Stories

 1.  That nude group of walkers that I saw in the Wiesbaden park on Sunday?  Well....it turns out that it was a 40-person theater group....practicing in the park and later gave a 'show' in city theater.  

2.  Kinda came out yesterday...some elements of the SPD don't want out out-right ban the far-right AfD.  

I think if you asked CDU-CSU voters....I would speculate that half don't want a ban in place.

3.  German gov't has been flying embassy folks out of Beirut yesterday (Monday).  Basically telling German citizens in Lebanon...get out.

4.  Inflation fell in September.....1.6 is standard at this point.

5.  The EU says they will vote on a China car tariff this week.  Odds of passing?  Originally, I thought this was a 90-percent chance.  Now, it's 50-50 (I suspect).

6.  Bridge woes in Germany?  I watched a N-TV news piece talking over the increasing numbers of bridges that MUST be renovated. They say there are 43 bridges (50 meters or longer) in unsatisfactory condition.  Majority are in the state of NRW (NW Germany).  

No comments: