Friday, October 4, 2024

Three Things From This Week

 1.  I had to travel into Wiesbaden.....to a particular public building that has few visitors but a fair amount of stress.

So outside.....I'm approaching the building and there's one single gal hanging around there....stressed out.  Burkia gal....face uncovered.....smoking a cigarette.  Yeah....typically something frowned upon heavily by the Islamic religion.  

I didn't say anything....just an odd image.

2.  I had three ATM machines within 2 miles of my house...up until this week.  One was removed (permanently).  I'm guessing the threat of blowing it up....got to the property owner.  So just two ATM machines left now.  

I would imagine that insurance has risen drastically in the past five years where you have a building with a ATM machine.  Last year, almost every week in Hessen....an ATM was blown up and robbed.

3.  Finally, I got some package in the mail from the city of Wiesbaden.  The city council  (as large as it is)....has several seats reserved for representation to the senior citizens of the city (if you are over 65).  So they offered me (the non-German) a voting slip.  

To be honest, other than fixing potholes or lessening crime around the city....I don't have that much interest in the operation of the city.  They offered me around 15 different 'parties'.....one being the Pro-Auto Party and another being the Catholic Party.  

I'll probably just decline. 

No comments: