Friday, March 12, 2021

410th Day

 Since day one of the Covid-19 crisis in Germany....somehow, I've avoided the virus (the wife as well).  410 days without catching the virus.

How?

I sat and pondered upon this today.  Frankly, we gave up travel (especially train or airline).   When they suggested the mask business....we went with it.  After every venture into a shopping situation, we did the alcohol 'rub' as we exited.  With postal deliveries at the house, we washed hands after putting down the package.  

Yeah, all simple basic patterns.  

Having a beer or apple-wine in town?  Non-existent.  

The once-a-week field-trip for me....to some historical castle or museum?  Non-existent.  Use of the cheaper over-60 railway half-off discount?  Non-existent.

Stopping off at a ice-cream shop?  Just once in the past 410 days.

Another 410 days on top of this....without the virus?  I would suggest my odds are in that favor.  Losing patience?  No doubt.  

1 comment:

Der Penguin said...

Here in Texas folks our age mostly took this seriously. Younger people, not so much. Political leadership has been, mostly, along party lines. Vaccines are becoming available and, by May, I believe most that want them will have at least their first. However there are far too many with an Independent streak and will refuse. I, personally, feel good (my wife and i have had our 1st jab with 2d in a couple of weeks). These variants, and the refuseniks, concern me. Best of good fortune to you and yours. Thank you again for reliable word from Europe, it has kept me alert.